Subject: Re: [Leica] Re:Is It illegal to use a tripod without a License???????
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 1998 18:51:18 -0600

At 11:15 PM 2/26/98 -0500, you wrote:

>I have yet to get paid a thin dime for a photograph.  Has this happened to
any
>of you professional?  If so what countries do I have to worry about?

Washington, D.C., I'm told has a rule about tripods. But I'm not sure the
details.

I remember hearing a story once about Jimmy Carter on a float trip. A
photographer for Time Magazine got in with a crowd to photograph president
Carter at one of his stops along the river. Pros weren't supposed to be
around. He was fine, hidden in the crowd until he turned his camera
vertical. The Secret Service jumped him and took him away. He asked how
they knew and they said that only pros turned their cameras vertical.

Those guys don't miss anything!

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Lottery: A tax on people who are bad at math