Subject: Re: [Leica] Flare problem with 35 Summilux ASPH
From: Alfred Breull <puma@hannover.sgh-net.de>
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 1998 11:39:07 +0100

If there is flare, the sun has hit your lens. It's as simple as
that - no matter what your pictures show.

Additionally, your shutter speed was too long, or the iris too
much open. Or both.

If you look near the sun for a too long period, your eyes will
also produce significant flare.

Do not ask solutions from a 9 element lens with 18 surfaces plus uv
filter, which your eyes also couldn't manage.

Besides, the Summilux is basically intended as a high speed lens for
low light pix. So, please, give her a chance to show her abilities.

Alf