Subject: Re: [Leica] Nikon Coolscan II -- Minolta Dimage Scan Dual - Olympus ES-10
From: Richard Clompus <rclompus@voicenet.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 1998 15:13:23 -0800

Jacques,

I recently purchased the Olympus ES-10 film 35mm scanner.  I chose it since
it is very small, connects up to the parallel port, is very inexpensive and
is actually very fast.  Since most of my scans are for use in Powerpoint
presentations, I can scan my slides at 100dpi.  It takes all of about 10-15
seconds to do a scan at this resolution.  The higher the resolution, the
longer it takes to scan a slide.  My cost for this scanner was $425 through
CDW.  Their phone is 800-307-4239.  I always run the autocorrect funstion
for color/saturation and contrast in Photoshop 4.0 before insertion of the
images into my presentations.

I am very pleased with the results of this film scanner.  I decided to go
cheap since the technology continues to improve on a 6-12 month cycle.
Maybe I'll update next year to another scanner but at this time, the
Olympus does everything I need.

Happy shooting,

Richard
Richard Clompus, OD