Subject: Re: [Leica] Nikon Coolscan II -- Minolta Dimage Scan Dual - Olympus ES-10
From: "Jacques Grilli" <grilli.jacques@sympatico.ca>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 1998 19:03:07 -0500

I am in the process on buying a 35mm film scanner. My main purpose is to
crop-rearange
a photo and to print no more than 8X10 color and BW. I will be working
mainly with neg.
and only on occasion with slides.
I have evaluated 3 scanners - Nikon Coolscan II - LS20 / Olympus ES10/
Minolta Dimage
Scan Dual. My choice so far is the Minolta Dimage Scan Dual because of the
2,438 dpi-
the SCSI connection and the price 949$ canadian.
The Nikon LS20 is 2700 dpi but is still on the first generation price i.e.
1,900$ canadian.
The Olympus is 1770 dpi and is connected to the paralel port (slower).
I would appreciate comments from users before I make my final decision.

Jacques H. Grilli