Subject: Re: [Leica] 90/2.0
From: Peterson_Art@hq.navsea.navy.mil
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 1998 16:33:23 -0500

     Looking only at the background (outdoors) or the foreground (indoors),
     one might conclude mistakenly that the photo was either overexposed or
     underexposed; but the small bit of light that reveals the shape of the
     girl's face proves the exposure to have been perfect; and what's more,
     the washed out background and dark foreground isolate the subject just
     as effectively as shallow depth of field might in a picture with less
     contrast.  An excellent picture!  Have you considered cropping out the
     three sunlit rails along the left edge?  (At first I thought the photo
     benefits from the context the rails lend it, but on second look, I've
     wondered whether that might be outweighed by the simplicity that would
     result from cutting them.)  And I second Dick Hemingway's observation
     about your fine knack for capturing a mood!

     Art Peterson