Subject: [Leica] Checking M6's authenticity
From: John Gong <jgong@cisco.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Mar 1998 09:52:29 -0800

Having purchased a new M6 a few months ago, I've been blissfully taking
available light pictures with a 35 summilux.  Just yesterday, my photo
processor, who is pretty knowledgeable about Leicas and Contaxes, commented
that my M6 might not be new:  his reason was that the topmost (and black)
screw which holds the lens flange does not have the famous scripted L cast
into the screw head.  I think his reference might be based on his M4, but
wanted to find out from you LUGgers with M6's to verify this little detail.
All other signs on the body,  when received indicate that this is a new
camera.
Thanks,  John