Subject: Re: [Leica] Pros and autofocus
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Sun, 01 Mar 1998 20:13:26 -0600

At 02:33 PM 3/1/98 +0000, you wrote:

>plane of focus as the subject moves.  Sure, you will miss exact focus some
>or much of the time, but at least you don't have to keep shifting the little
>focus point back to your subject, and then re-compose.  Comments
>appreciated.

You're using the wrong AF camera, of shooting too loose. There is no way
any person can outfocus an F5 or EOS1n, unless they are in the league of
John Biever of Sports Illustrated and his equal. (I'd say about 10 people
in the world might be close).

Believe me, I've shot sports professionally for years, and what I've found
is that AF doesn't make me better, I just get more pictures in focus. But I
don't need that now, so I'm back to Leica.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Lottery: A tax on people who are bad at math