Subject: Re: [Leica] Pros and autofocus
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Sun, 01 Mar 1998 23:31:53 -0600

At 07:37 PM 3/1/98 +0000, you wrote:

>I am not saying I can outfocus an F5.  What I am saying, however, is that
>while you got more pictures in focus with your F5, I bet you had to "force"

Not at all. The F5 sure takes some thinking to use the AF properly, but
when shooting sports, you'd have to be shooting awfully loose to not have
one of the focusing sensors on it. And with some practice, being able to
select the right sensor while shooting becomes second nature. It's better
than an EOS1n. But focusing with an AF camera is getting easier and easier
to use as the manufacturers get feedback from users. I can image when Leica
finally goes AF, the setup will work better than the Contax AX, which is
rather mediocre in AF speed.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

He, who will not reason, is a bigot;
he, who cannot, is a fool;
and he, who dares not, is a slave.

William Drumond, Scottish writer  (1585-1649)