Subject: [Leica] Re: DR Summicron close up range on M6 MH
From: cummer@asiaonline.net (Cummer Family)
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 1998 19:09:14 +0800 (HKT)

 I went over to the Leica Agent again in Hong Kong taking my DR Summicron
with me together with the close up spectacles. We took an M6 body (serial #
2180160) and an M6 MH body (serial # 2296539) out of the locked glass cases
and proceeded to try on the DR Summicron (serial #2097422). The lens fitted
the regular M6 body without any binding and after switching over to closeup
the spectacles fitted without a problem and the close up range could be
focused - as expected.
On the M6 MH the lens would not fit if focused at 3' 6", but if the lens was
focused out to about 5' (so the lens cam was a smooth line) the lens would
mount and focus from 3'6" to infinity. However when switched over to the
Close Up range and the spectacles attached - the lens would not move at all
in the close up range on the M6 MH. When you switch to the CU range the
focusing wheel in the M6 MH body should move further back inside the body to
accommodate the wider CU cam and it does not seem to. I have asked the Leica
Agent to contact Solms to see whether an M6 MH can be modified to accept the
DR summicron and will report the answer if and when received.
Howard Cummer.