Subject: [Leica] Noctilux effect
From: "Fantoni, Ernesto" <Fantoni@PHIBRED.COM>
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 1998 01:49:12 -0600

Dear Leicaphiles,

yesterday night I've seen the first pics taken with my just purchased
Noctilux. Lots of words have been written on this lens, much better
descriptions than I could ever made, so I don't want to repeat them.
Just a word:unbelievable and amazing;one can really have a lot of fun
with this glass.
I'd just share with you a short story which speaks by itself. Yesterday
I was looking at the slides, most of them taken at F 1, with my loupe on
my light box. It was late in the night and my wife came in and asked to
take a look:she doesn't know a lot of photography, but has a very good
eye and a very special "gusto" for color combination. After a while she
said, looking at the loupe:"Is this a new 3D viewer?These slides seem
really 3dimensionals!" "Yes" I replied "It's called Noctilux or
something like that".

Best

Ernesto