Subject: RE: [Leica] Re:Is It illegal to use a tripod without a License??? ????
From: "Fantoni, Ernesto" <Fantoni@PHIBRED.COM>
Date: Sun, 1 Mar 1998 12:28:28 -0600

Hello Clifton,

I have no doubts about your unpleasant experience.
Just point out a couple of things:
1)In Italy a law which obliges you to have a special permit to use
tripods doesn't exist.
2)Looking at my and other friends' experiences such a thing never
happened either in Rome or other towns for outside photos.
3)I've checked some of the most important turistic guides and no one
mentions something like that.

I'm inclined to think you've been particularly unlucky that day unless
there is (or was) a special regulation for the city of Rome I'm not
aware of. I'll check and come back to you.

Best,

Ernesto