Subject: Re: [Leica] Lens comparisons
From: Emanuel-Temp_Lowi@valitutpalat.fi
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 1998 16:17:28 +0200

This is an astonishing proposition, but one I think I can comment on.
I got started in 35mm photography in 1974. the first camera I bought was a
Yashica Lynx 5000E, basically identical to the Lynx 14E except for the
lens: mine had a 45mm f1.8, while the 14E had the 45mm f1.4 - probably the
fastest fixed lens on any 35mm camera.
They were both great cameras - strangely, in many ways, very much like a
poor man's Leica M6 (rangefinder focusing, red lights for meter setting,
etc.). I think mine is somewhere in my mom's house still.
But both cameras retailed for under $100. I have many photos taken with
mine, and it was a good way to start out in 35mm, but in no way did those
Yashinons compare to a Summilux.
They're nice bash-around cameras if you can find a working one for about
$50 at a show.