Subject: [Leica] Leica users list & LCD failure
From: R.P.A.C.Savenije@AVV.RWS.minvenw.nl
Date: Thu, 5 Mar 98 11:28:30 +0100

I did post this message already before
but I did'nt see it back in the mailing.
Maybe something did go wrong, if not sorry
for the duplicate.

First, thanks for the list of users of different
countries.. I was wondering if it is possible to
tell how many from each country are participating.
I understood already somebody else mentioned this.
Thanks for the effort !!

Second. I can remember somebody having problems
with the aperture figures in the viewfinder of
the R8 disappearing. This did happen to me a few
days ago after using a mechanical lens with
a ROM-APO-Extender. I can understand that this
could give problems. Only after using a mechanical
lens (not a ROM lens!) without extender the aperture
appeared again. So you don't need to put your
fingers into the camera !
I was not able to reproduce this fault b.t.w.

The rom-apo-extender works very good in combination
with a zoom lens (80-200). I did not now a rom version
existed until I did get one.

Richard S.