Subject: Re: [Leica] M6 J and a new M camera!
From: Stephen <cameras@jetlink.net>
Date: Thu, 05 Mar 1998 21:41:03 -0800

Eric Welch wrote:

> At 12:27 PM 3/5/98 -0500, you wrote:
>
> >>the idiots in Solms sold the Leica engraving machine when they shut
> down
> >>Midland, along with BLANK top plates.   the new owner has a habit of
>
> >>turning up with M4P half frames.  who would have thought it?
> perhaps
> >>the most interesting part of this story is how little Solms
> understood
> >>Leica and the importance of the engraving machine and top plates.
> >>Leica deserves better.
>
> Is there documentation for this? I really doubt it. I'd love to see a
> Polish copy that looks as good as what Leica is producing.

documentation isn't given out with  expensive well done fakes.
experts don't like to admit they were duped,  it will cost them too much
money.

the problem is,   if you or I saw one, it would look and feel real.
whether you  choose to believe it or not, that is another matter.
my source is a person who has one of the largest Leica collections in
the world.   I  suspect he knows more about Leica than you and  I put
together.   as you know, we often have very different viewpoints, and
that of course is fine for the discussion format of the LUG.

How little Solms understood Leica?

> What the heck does that mean? Leica is in Solms now. Solms is a town,
> not a
> company. And just because they moved to Solms doesn't mean diddly.
> Let's
> get over this loss of the Wetzlar engraving. Please.

Eric, you are missing the point, but then you already know that.
Please.

Regards,

Stephen Gandy