Subject: Re: [Leica] M6 J and a new M camera!
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Fri, 06 Mar 1998 07:20:25 -0600

At 09:41 PM 3/5/98 -0800, you wrote:

>Eric, you are missing the point, but then you already know that.

I didn't miss the point at all. I'm not obsessed with the city my cameras
are made in. I use Leicas on a daily basis. I know what they can do,
without shooting newspapers on walls. I am using some of the lastest stuff,
not testing it. And I could give a rat's ass about where it was made.

But then, I'm not a collector. And if a large collector has great looking
Polish fakes, well that's just great. But I really doubt the story the
Leica sold them the tools to do it. There's lots of urban legends around
about everything Leica, like who made the original Aspherical lens, and
what was the reason they fell apart, and the old man and the apprentice and
all that. Having a large collection doesn't mean you can't be mistaken. I'm
not saying he is, I just find it rather strange that Leica would do such a
thing, and find it all too easy to doubt because of the oft' held opinon
around here and elsewhere that Leica lost it when they left the magical
kingdom of Wetzlar.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Maniac: An early computer built by nuts...