Subject: Re: [Leica] Shooting the Lone Cypress
From: ray tai <razerx@netvigator.com>
Date: Fri, 06 Mar 1998 21:17:14 +0800

I really haven't been following this thread, but let me get this straight:

1.    Someone owns a design that shows a bunch of wiggly lines and what appears
        to be a tree on top, and this design is a registered trademark because
it has the
        "R" symbol next to it;

2.     Based on this trademark, the actual tree in which the trademark
supposedly
         depicts is off limits to public photography because to do so would be
        trademark infringement?

So, does this mean Prudential can prevent me from photographing the Rock of
Gibraltar?