Subject: Re: [Leica] leica lenses
From: "Patrick G. Sobalvarro" <pgs@sobalvarro.org>
Date: Fri, 6 Mar 1998 21:01:55 +0000

On  6 Mar 98 at 12:04, Dave Allen - Kodak FE wrote:

>  I just bought an M3 with a 5cm f/1.5  Summarit lens, and I need an
> E41 UV filter and lens hood. Does anyone know where I can get these
> items fairly quickly.

I don't think that screw-in hoods of the right size are common.  I
once bought one for that said "fuer Summarit" (the fuer had an
umlaut, not an e) on it, but was not apparently made by Leica.  I
eventually got an original Summarit hood instead, but only when I
found one at a bargain price.  They are typically over $100.
Ridiculous, but their rarity dictates it.

The original hoods are very sturdy though, and fit over the outside
of the lens so they don't interfere with a filter.

- -Patrick