Subject: Re: [Leica] leica lenses
From: Peter Goldberg <peterg@martinhamblin.com>
Date: Fri, 06 Mar 1998 17:13:18 -0500

Dave Allen - Kodak FE wrote:

> Hello Luggers,
>
> This is my first foray into any type of users group but I hope someone can
> help me out.
>
>  I just bought an M3 with a 5cm f/1.5  Summarit lens, and I need an E41 UV
> filter and lens hood. Does anyone know where I can get these items fairly
> quickly. I'm going to take my M3 to Scandinavia in May so timimg is important.
>  Also, has anyone had any contact with Leica clubs in Denmark or Sweden?
>

>  Thanks,
>         Dave

I have the same lens;  the filter is certainly available, but only by searching
dealers, however it is not rare.  Unfortunately the same is not true of the hood -
made of genuine unobtanium.  Don't ask me why, but if you locate one it will cost
a very fair wad of change.  I won't embarass myself by telling you how much I paid
for mine.

Peterg