Subject: Re: [Leica] ALL..test new Leica lenses?
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Sat, 07 Mar 1998 00:07:07 -0600

At 12:17 AM 3/7/98 -0500, you wrote:

>I just received the 2 35 lenses...the Summilux 1.4 and the Summicron 2.0
>and both asph.
>
>So what do you do when a new lens arrives?  Apart from not drooling on
>it.:) What if anything do you do, to find out how the lens does it's thing?

I already said what I do. But I want to ask you, which of the 35s do you
prefer? Not that I'd sell my Summilux for all the tea in China. I
photographed an exhibition opening (my best staff photographer did some
"art" photos totally manipulated with Photoshop - a hobby on the side to
give him a diversion from "reality" of photojournalism.) I was so nice to
see so clearly with that bright viewfinder in a dark room with gallery
lighting. Nice stuff! The more I use my Summilux lenses on my M6, the more
I'm convinced that no one else can touch Leica for available light power,
and the M6 is especially good for it!

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

My computer's sick. I think my modem is a carrier.