Subject: [Leica] Testing a lens before buying it
From: Pascal <cyberdog@ibm.net>
Date: Sun, 8 Mar 1998 12:56:43 +0100

At 01:25 AM 08-03-98 +0100, Alf wrote:

>Usually you go into a shop and test a lens before you buy it.
>Don't you have that possibility in the US ?

Not over here either!
The thing is: most dealers don't have Leica items in stock. Or, if they
have some items on display, they do not necessarily have the item you are
interested in.
Your only alternative is ordering an item, but then you're underwriting a
firm commitment to buy it.
This is one reason why it so difficult to buy Leica gear.
By the way, the Belgian Leica importer once told me that I could test any
item they have in stock at their premises (but even they do not have all
Leica items. Inventory is sparse, as I guess they mostly work on a "just
in time" basis. But that "just in time" seems sometimes like a rather
sick joke considering that you have to wait months for some items. I had
to wait no less than 4 months for a Leica monitor for slide projectors).

Pascal

t h i n k   d i f f e r e n t               a p p l e    c o m p u t e r