Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica M vs. R lenses thought
From: ted grant <75501.3002@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Mar 1998 12:50:44 -0500

RBedw51767 wrote:

<<<<<If I plan  to enlarge a photo I always use the M6.  The 21mm-asph is
absolutely my favorite.  It is extremely sharp. >>>>>>>

QUESTION?

Because it is an aspherical lens are you saying you shot all the images
wide open?  As my understanding is, the aspherical doesn't really make any
difference after you have stopped down a couple. Is that correct in your
experience?

<<<I am hopeful that Leica incorporates auto-focus into the R8 in the
future. I don't know how they would do it without introducing another
model. I traded an F5 Nikon for the R8. I miss the auto-focus feature.>>>>

QUESTION?

Are you saying you miss the autofocus for shooting fast moving things like
sports? Or are you saying you miss autofocus for shooting peeling paint and
non breathing things? Or some other slow moving subjects?

Or do you just miss A/F simply because it was a kind of lazy mans way of
using the camera?  As many of us found and rejected when using Leica R
cameras.

ted