Subject: Re: [Leica] contax g2 lenses - comparable to Leica M?
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Sun, 08 Mar 1998 10:55:15 -0600

At 07:41 PM 3/7/98 -0700, you wrote:

>In the case of the Contax G2, I'm surprised that no one mentioned one
>possible problem: You have no means of verifying it's focus--whether
>shooting manual- or autofocus, all goes through the same circuitry, and,

That's a good point. One of my photographers is struggling with his Pentax
PZ-1 because the mirror won't settle down completely, and he can't even
focus manually with it. Focus is grossly off by such a slight difference in
where the mirror sits. Of course, the M6 has the same weakness in that you
don't know when it goes out of adjustment until you see the film. And most
other cameras that aren't view cameras could suffer from either of these
scenarios, so I guess we all face this potential problem. Except for the
fact that it's a basic fact with the G2, and only a problem with the M6
when it gets out of adjustment.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Logic: The art of being wrong with confidence...