Subject: [Leica] oops
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Sun, 08 Mar 1998 16:06:33 -0600

Bill Larson pointed out to me that my paper actually does use freelancers.
He is correct! I apologize to the list. What I should have said is we don't
use local freelancers. Thus my point is not correct in totality.

Yes, even my paper does use freelancers once or twice a year. But it
certainly does not constitute an agreement that papers can't get along
without freelancers. We could get along just fine without the odd
basketball game in Texas, or North Dakota or elsewhere. It's a financial
reality that many papers do use freelancers. Why? Because they don't want
to pay full time wages, benefits.

That isn't the case a my paper. My apologies for my hyperbole.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

IRS: We've got what it takes to take what you've got!