Subject: Re: [Leica] Harrison Filters
From: abpeking <abpeking@public.bta.net.cn>
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 1998 09:20:29 +0800 (CST)

Marc,

Many thanks for the Harrison and Harrison address. I shall be
contacting them shortly - either by e-mail since Bill Larsen kindly
offered to ask them for theirs or by fax.

I must admit to only knowing this company by reputation from the movie
field. Are their camera filters glass and coated and of high quality?
What is good enough for Hollywood does not necessarily translate to
good enough for still photography IME: case in point the Oscar-winning
Tiffen brand seem to me to be barely adequate in many of their
offerings and sub-standard in others (such as polarisers).

I avoid resin (CR39) filters wherever possible since they scratch too
easily.

Best regards (and please would you remind those of us who have let our
Gaelic slip since high-school what your signature message means),

Adrian

Adrian Bradshaw
Photojournalist
Shanghai, China