Subject: Re: [Leica] Sharpness, Bokeh, R, M, autofocus, misc. ramblings
From: RBedw51767 <RBedw51767@aol.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 1998 06:04:11 EST

Thanks for the comments.

I have recently retired(55) and interested in renewing my interest in
photography.  I believe that I will be a better photographer today than I was
when I was 25.   I will use a tripod, as you stated that you religiously do.

I own a titanium M6 with the 21mm aspheric, 35mm f1.4 aspheric, 50mm f2.8 and
the 90mm f2.8.  I have on order a M6Hm as well.  You are the second person
that I have noted on this site that own the M6Hm.  I have had one on order
since December.  I was promised delivery this week, yea, yea, yea!    I would
appreciate your comments about the differences between the M6hm and the non-
hm.

I have been experimenting with my new lenses and have been impressed with the
quality of slides.  I will purchase the Nikon Coolscan and a dye sublimation
printer to print color.  If you haven't checked this out I am suggesting that
you do.  It was a real eye-opener for me.  I will do my own b&w.

I too have a daughter and for years she was my favorite subject.  She is a 30
year old business executive today and now wants to be behind the camera
instead of in front of it.  Recently we visited a camera shop and I purchased
a used Leica R7 for her.  Like your daughter she wants to use my R8
lenses.....no problem.  She can't wait for our home to be completed so she can
use my darkroom.  I's looking forward to this.

In the process of coming up-to-date on photography you lost me with some of
your acronyms, ie., LF, Bokeh.

I have a lot of new toys to play with.  Unfortunately the weather here in
North Carolina has been affected by El Nino too.  One day it is raining and
the next day the sun is shining and its 60-70 degrees.  Spring is around the
corner!