Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica M vs. R lenses thought
From: RBedw51767 <RBedw51767@aol.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 1998 05:29:38 EST

Dan:

I think you have hit the nail on the head with your comments about the F5.  I
owned an F4 and loved it.  I traded it for the F5 and couldn't wait to get rid
of it for the reasons you stated.  I purchased an R8 and like everything about
it except the lack of auto-focus.  I have been searching for a non-Nikon auto
focus and spent a lot of time with the Canon EOS-1n.  It is much easier to use
than the Nikon and much quieter.  I was turned off with the seemingly cheaper
construction and the unbelievable heft of the lenses.  I don't understand the
need for the "L" lenses to be as heavy and bulky as they are.  I will keep my
R8 as I love the quality of the camera and the photographs.

Bob