Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica M vs. R lenses thought
From: thibault collin <tc-lnc@u-picardie.fr>
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 1998 15:20:07 +0100

At 12:17 09/03/1998 +0100, you wrote:
>I have just bought a 'poor man's Summilux 75', i.e. a Nikkor 85/1,4. It will
>be interesting to see what it can do...
>(Already owning a M-system, I simply can't afford the R-system as well)
>/Hans

Hello Hans,
did you buy the AF or the AIS version of the Nikkor 85/1.4?
I have the AIS version. It's a great lens, quite poor wide open but sharp in
the middle. The only problem vs the leica lens is that the "out of focus"
part of the picture is not as nice as with a leica. In my opinion, the
AF-Nikkor 85/1.8 is better, even in the middle...
Nice shooting,
Thib.