Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica M vs. R lenses thought
From: Ken Wilcox <wilcox@umcc.umich.edu>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 1998 11:26:29 -0500

Whenever I test a lens I include a few pictures shot with flash in hopes of
minimizing problems problems with exposure variations and/or camera
movement.

kw

>At 09:09 PM 09-03-98 -0600, you wrote:

>Its not that simple.  Great care must be taken with the subject matter and
>lighting,  and to ensure that exposures are identical between the
>comparison slides.  What if the shutter speeds of the two cameras are off
>slightly relative to one another?  I was comparing a 27 year old Nikon F2,
>a Minolta 9xi, and a Leica M6.  I think there was very good chance that
>exposures would not be identical, and I'm not about to go to the expense of
>having these cameras calibrated to on another just for the sake of this
>test.    With slide film, these differences will be immediately noticed,
>and viewers may jump to the wrong conclusion.

- ----
Davison Middle School                  preferred--->
<wilcox@umcc.umich.edu>
600 Dayton, Davison, MI 48423                  <kwilcox@genesee.freenet.org>