Subject: Re: [Leica] German vs. Canadian Lenses
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 1998 23:22:19 -0600

At 04:52 PM 3/10/98 -0600, you wrote:

>So why is it then, among Leicaphiles, that some regard
>Canadian-manufactured Leica equipment as being less desirable?

The black tape in Germany is better?

That kind of attitude only shows they don't know what they're talking
about. Collectors may have a point, if they collect only German stuff. But
if they collect Leica stuff, then they shouldn't care.

Some people just don't know that:

1: Some of Leica's best lenses came from Canada. (Designed as well as
manufactured).

2: That the factory in Canada was started with German personnel moving over
as well as Canadians being hired.

3: That the Canadian factory was building U.S. spy satellites, which have
much higher quality standards than Leica lenses.

4: Panaflex lenses are made there too. The best in the business.

5: Canadians are cool.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Give me ambiguity or give me something else.