Subject: Re: [Leica] German vs. Canadian Lenses
From: ted grant <75501.3002@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 1998 23:14:50 -0500

George Huczek wrote:

<<<So why is it then, among Leicaphiles, that some regard
Canadian-manufactured Leica equipment as being less desirable?>>>>>>

George,

Because they are elitists and snobs!  All it proves is they don't really
know the difference in the first place and put on this big act that any
piece of Leica gear not manufactured in the Fatherland is inferior.

When in fact it's a pile of crap!  Each time I see this stuff come up it
gets me a tad riled as I read what they say as, Canadians are not as good
at puttiing Leicas together as Germans!

Hell we kept the place going with what was done in Midland and we designed
and made some of the best lenses during the past years.

So if someone starts giving you BS about German assembled is better than
Canadian, just tell them to stick it in they're ear! Or rectal orfice!

ted