Subject: Re: [Leica] Beautiful BOULDER weather
From: "Jeff S" <segawa@netone.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 1998 09:25:08 -0700

Sounds like a good day to me!

After weeks of dry, chilly weather and drab landscapes, I was happy to see
some snow for a change! Last Wednesday night, we had a little wet snow, and,
hoping for some good opportunities on Thursday morning, I was out near the
mountains by 6:30. What a disappointment: The snow was barely thick enough
to dust the foothills, and the fog had blown away by the time the sun was
where I wanted it! Not being one to pass up on a good walk, I headed up into
the tree line for the heck of it. Then the fog blew back in, and I wound up
getting a number of wintery forest images, which, I hope, will eventually
make viewers ooh, ahh--and shiver.

Sunday morning, a more substantial layer of fresh snow (and -12c
temperatures!) awaited, so off I went again. The cold was making
film-loading a chore, and, by the time I got the Ilford 100 Delta (120)
loaded, the paper backing looked like it had come out of a shredder :-)
Though pretty to look at, I wasn't too (photographically) keen on the skies,
which seemed blandly clear to me, but I nevertheless had fun fussing over
textures of snow, and the play of light and shadow over it. A very easy day
in which to capture intensely blue-black skies, that's for sure.

Yesterday, the snow was well on it's way to being melted away, though I
spied an interesting reticulated pattern of snow lingering on some gravel
near by bedroom window and managed to make a number of compositions from it
with the M4 + 50 Elmar  before it melted further and the magic was gone.
Amazing what opportunities present themselves while one is hanging out the
laundry!

Jeff