Subject: Re: [Leica] Lens coating colour
From: "Jeff S" <segawa@netone.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 1998 10:59:31 -0700

Believe it has to do with the thickness of the lens coating(s), and
evidently, one size does NOT fit all, as my new Elmar is reddish, not green.
Seem to recall hearing that Leica (and probably others) choose according to
what optimizes light transmission, and that indescriminate application of
multiple coatings can actually degrade performance.

Jeff