Subject: Re: [Leica] Archiving Leica photos on CDrom
From: "Neal Findley" <nealfindley@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 1998 20:21:59 -0600

>am, I'm using my 2400 dpi HP scanner to archive my own images), I'd stick
>with the 2700 dpi value.
>
>Dan C.

Thanks Dan-
I will try the PNG and see if I can get a few more Leica images per cd.  I
will also need to check to see if Thumbsplus reads PNG ok as I use it to
create a small thumbnail of each image on the cd-that resides on the hard
drive so if I loose track of what images are on a particular cd I can
quickly check the thumbnails.  So far thumbsplus has worked great.  I
particularly like the slide show feature that allows me to see all images on
a cd as a full screen for a few seconds each.  Helpful in picking images to
print, etc.
- -Neal