Subject: Re: [Leica] Archiving Leica photos on CDrom
From: Dan Cardish <dcardish@microtec.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 1998 22:11:44 -0500

At 08:21 PM 11-03-98 -0600, you wrote:
>Thanks Dan-
>I will try the PNG and see if I can get a few more Leica images per cd.  I
>will also need to check to see if Thumbsplus reads PNG ok as I use it to
>create a small thumbnail of each image on the cd-that resides on the hard
>drive so if I loose track of what images are on a particular cd I can
>quickly check the thumbnails.  So far thumbsplus has worked great.  I
>particularly like the slide show feature that allows me to see all images on
>a cd as a full screen for a few seconds each.  Helpful in picking images to
>print, etc.
>-Neal

Graphics Workshop can create small thumbnail images thats can be used for
cataloging the CD.  In fact you can actually 'catalog' the directory with
the images, and use it as a slipcover for your CD case.  Slide shows are
also possible.  Check out

http://www.mindworkshop.com/alchemy/alchemy.html

Dan C.