Subject: Re: [Leica] Archiving Leica photos on CDrom
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 1998 21:32:21 -0600

At 05:17 PM 3/11/98 -0600, you wrote:

>Hewlett Packards comments that anything above 16oodpi is wasted anyway.
>Almost anyone has to be more knowledgable than me on this subject.  Any
>expert thoughts?

They're full of it. The more data you have the better. Their concern is not
photographic, but how fast you can push the picture through the system.
Shoot, they don't even make a printer than can use 1600 dpi at a good size.
But I have one at work that does! Ignore that and run it as big as you can,
and then don't compress it much.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch