Subject: re: [Leica] 85MM F1.4 Nikkor
From: Larry Kopitnik <kopitnil@mra-inc.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 1998 08:55:48 -0600

> My AIS lens has 9 blades.... what about the AF Lens?

Also 9. Sorry about that; guess next time I should check before suggesting
there's a difference.

So I did check my statement that the optical design of the AF lens is new.
According to literature I have, the AF lens is 9 elements in 8 groups, the
AIS is 7 elements in 5 groups. Having never used the AIS version, I don't
know what difference there is (if any) in photos produced.

Larry