Subject: Re: [Leica] Anonymous Allegations
From: "Gary Todoroff" <datamaster@humboldt1.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 1998 21:30:01 -0800

> From: Tore Larsen
>
> My M6 body is self-destructing-the
> film-advance-lever rests on the body and is digging it's way through it.
> Everything is firm, but the winder lever doesn't come as high as it is on
> every other body I have seen. The pictures come out fine, but the body
paint
> is gone.

Sad to say, my black M6 has been doing the same thing since it was returned
from Leica repair in New Jersey over a year ago. The spring tension on the
advance lever had failed, allowing the lever to dangle in the wind. They
fixed the tension, but months later, I noticed the finish wearing off under
the lever. This was never a problem on any other M body I've owned.

Gary Todoroff