Subject: RE: [Leica] Canon25mm lens
From: jeremy.kime@bbc.co.uk
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 1998 12:43:00 +0000

I had one of these lenses though I can't tell you about lens/M6
compatibility as I haven't got the lens any more and didn't have the M6 when
I had it.
But the quality was great, very sharp and so compact, much more so than
modern lenses with the exception of the Ricoh 28mm design, even the Minolta
28mm M-Rokkor is large in comparison.

I think it might have been Eugene Smith who used one as one of his two
preferred lenses, certainly there was some luminary Leica guy who was a firm
believer in it. So, irrespective of whether it resolved more lines per
millimetre than x,y, or z lens, (which I can't tell you) if it did the job
the well known photographer wanted it to do, it was/is worth having. It's
certainly very useable and  certainly wasn't a dog.

Filters (aargh!) are hard to find if ever you'd want one, they're 40mm, (not
40.5, or 39), as far as I know, only Canon made them.

Jem