Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: R-E
From: Alfred Breull <puma@hannover.sgh-net.de>
Date: Sat, 14 Mar 1998 02:12:07 +0100

At 21:58 13.03.1998 +0100, you wrote:
>My German is a bit rusty, but to me abgespeckt translates as stripped down.
>Or am I wrong? German LUGGERS please comment!

Bert, your translation is correct. But it doesn't mean, that
Foto-Magazin is correct in its statement/-s.

They used to show a lot of superb pictures in the Joe Cocker
and Jimi Hendrix period, but had and have a tendency to (sometimes)
find uncorrect words in the description of cameras or lenses - even
for Germans (at least me :)  ). Since 10, 15 years they favor pictures
of the type "young angry wild hero". Shrill, loud, and meaningless.
That's the reason I buy the French or Italian "photo".

Alf

http://members.aol.com/abreull/index.htm