Subject: [Leica] Leica dialog from 'Strange Luck'
From: Alfred Breull <puma@hannover.sgh-net.de>
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 1998 21:16:47 +0100

Hi LUGs,

Yesterday night I taped a dialog between 'Strange Luck' hero James
Hunter (H), who is working as freelance photographer for the local
'Daily Examiner', and a 15 years old boy (B), who is misguided by
his Nazi step-father.

B: Is this a Leica?
H: Yes.
B: How old is that thing?
H: More than 30 years.
B: And what are you doing with it?
H: Taking pictures for the 'Examiner'.
B: C'mon - without motor ?
H: I'm speaking about quality, not quantity.

Hunter looks at his camera (M2 with rewind lever and chrome 2/35
Summicron), adjusts aperture and distance, and takes a picture of
the boy in the court room's corridor. Without flash. Of course.

I like the scene.

Hunter is pretty proud of his M2, as known from more early episodes.
He bought it some years ago, when he was in the army near Munich.

Alf

http://members.aol.com/abreull/index.htm