Subject: Re: [Leica] warning about plastic on base plate
From: Steve Hickel <smhickel@iserv.net>
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 1998 20:55:41 -0500

Neil,

Why not also get a gel cell on the wire and hook up a UPS for the meter
battery. This will give you back up power and permit even better brown out
protection. While you are at it. Get an alligator clamp and hook a
lightening rod to a baseball cap and sync it in with the other wire.

Steve

At 01:11 AM 3/13/98 +0100, you wrote:
>There's obviously only one thing to do! I'll take off the plastic cover
>(but keep it safe so I can replace it if I sell) and use it as a template
>to cut a new one which incorporates a long piece of thin wire which I will
>then pass down my shirt and thence down my trouser leg, to be taped to the
>sole of my shoe. In this way I can preserve the pristine nature of my
>baseplate, without having to worry about static discharge onto the film.
>
>Neil Frankish

                                            \:|:/
                                            (o o)

  I now have a new Email address: smhickel@iserv.net, please change you