Subject: Re: [Leica] Visoflex Advice
From: Ken Wilcox <wilcox@umcc.umich.edu>
Date: Sat, 14 Mar 1998 08:30:47 -0500

>Greetings from a LUG-digest-lurker.
>
>I've realized that part of my fascination for the M6 is from the fact that
>I am at heart a neo-Luddite.  [Story below]  Following from this is that
>I'm very interested in the use of the Visoflex on an M6.  I would
>appreciate any advice from folks who *use* a Viso as to the basic pieces
>and what Viso lenses constitute "best buys."

The Viso II or III have the best cost/utility ratio. Depending on your use
you will want either the 4x right angle viewer or the 5x vertical one. The
focus mounts and/or bellows to buy depends on what lens(es) you wish to
use. If you want to do closeup work the 65 Elmar is hard to beat. You
attach it to the Viso with either a Universal focus mount or Bellows II
with adapter ring.

>BTW: to followup on various threads of the past year:
>
>   * The frame counter on the M6 is now reading -6 from actual

Just had mine repaired. Leica didn't think they should take any
responsibility despite this is a well known problem on the M6. Most
annoying!

Cheers!

kw

- ----
Ken Wilcox                             Carolyn's Personal Touch Portraits
LHSA, MEA, LAW                      preferred---> <wilcox@umcc.umich.edu>
                                                     <kwilcox@gfn.org>