Subject: Re: [Leica] Shutter release on M6
From: Ken Wilcox <wilcox@umcc.umich.edu>
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 1998 10:13:13 -0500

A good question for which I have no answer. I know from experience, however
that attaching a "Fred Ward" soft touch button to my M4 and M2 has made the
already silky smooth release even smoother. I can't explain the difference,
I have to experience it.

Interestingly enough, when I but the above mentioned soft touch on my M6,
the "less than smooth" feel remains. I have always attributed this lack of
smoothness to the M6 shutter button also being a meter switch, but that is
just a suspicion on my part.

kw

>Exactly what does this do mechanically to smooth out a release that seems
>to remain below this ,an attachment, not a replacement.
>
>Steve
>
>At 04:34 PM 3/15/98 +0800, you wrote:
>>Sometime ago a few LUGgers complained the shutter release on the M6 is
>>not as smooth as previous M models.  This is certainly true and I have
>>found that, by attaching a Nikon Soft Shutter Release AR-9 onto the M6
>>shutter release, the release quality becomes more progressive and
>>smoother.  The cost of this fix is approx. US$3.50.
>>
>>The downside, of course, is not everyone likes to see a Nikon logo over
>>the shutter release button on a Leica.  And when the need to use a cable
>>release arises, the AR-9 has to be removed.
>>

>                                            \:|:/
>                                            (o o)
>

>  I now have a new Email address: smhickel@iserv.net, please change you
>mailer to the new address
>	       		 		Thanks-Steve

- ----
Ken Wilcox                             Carolyn's Personal Touch Portraits
LHSA, MEA, LAW                      preferred---> <wilcox@umcc.umich.edu>
                                                     <kwilcox@gfn.org>