Subject: [Leica] DR finders - beware
From: "Edward Gosfield III, MD" <egosfield@nni.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Mar 1998 11:12:16 -0500

If you buy a 50mm Summicron NF (="DR") without finder, as i did, and buy a
finder seperately, as i did, make darn sure you try the finder on the lens
first, as i did not.

There are at least two kinds of 'eyes', with different size mounting detent
'balls'.  Or perhaps the two series of NF lenses have different sized
mounting dimples.  At any rate, my finder doesn't fit my second series
lens. It's too loose.

If any one needs one, i have one 'eyes' unit to sell, with "USAF" shakily
engraved on the underside of the rectangular portion, and a few minor
scratches, and the plastic spacer a bit dinged -- it's a user, folks.  It
works fine (i temporarily changed the dimple size with some foil) as far as
i can tell.  I don't use it much, since SLRs with macro lenses are much
more convenient.  But it's easy to slip it in your pocket when street
shooting, in case you find some interesting architectural details or
whatever.

some kind disinterested person email me off list and tell me what to charge
for it.

best wishes,

ted gosfield

mailto:egosfield@nni.com