Subject: Re: [Leica] M6 vs Contax quality control
From: "Richard W. Hemingway" <n5xrd@telepath.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Mar 1998 21:58:44 -0600

Gary wrote:

>	I have two new M6 bodies, each with 'chromes & b&w negs already pulled
>through. Same experience as Dan's...
>
>-Gary Colby

Over the years, I bought new one M4-p and six M6's, two of which I still
own and use extensively.  The glass on the front of the VF of the M4-P fell
sideways and had to be sent back to Leica.  But I have never had any
trouble with any of the M6's, and no cosmetic blemishes.  I can say the
same for 15 M lenses I bought new, except for one 35/1.4 ASPH ( an early
one) tht I think had excessive coma in the corners.

Would I buy more new Leica equipment - you bet. (would I keep all of it
this time -  you bet, I am a slow learner)

Dick Hemingway
Norman, OK