Subject: Re: [Leica] M6 Quality
From: RBedw51767 <RBedw51767@aol.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 1998 04:17:36 EST

In my opinion the entire issue of Leica quality is blown way out of
proportion, especially with the M6.  I currently own two M6's.  The titanium
is several years old and has never had a single problem.  Even the baseplate
still has the plastic on it and it's still in great shape!  My second one is a
new Hp and it was received in good shape.  I have owned many Leicas in the
past; M2, M3, M4, M5, M42 and now the M6.  I have never had a single repair on
any of these cameras.  Your chances of having a problem with an M6 may be
greater today than it was ten years ago but it is still less likely than any
other camera that I know of.  I suggest that you buy it and enjoy it.  If you
do have a problem Leica will stand behind it 100%.

Bob