Subject: Re: [Leica] More on M6 vs Contax QC
From: Harrison McClary <hmcclary@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 1998 13:36:17 -0500

Well, if last week was disagree with Eric week, this must be agree with
Eric week!  I also agree as almost every body Nikon has released in
recent times has had problems, some of them major.  For the F3 it was a
total aversion to water, even small amounts which in a pro camera is
absurd.  The F4-too numerous to mention, just suffice it to say that at
the paper I worked for in Atlanta of the 4 of us who had early F4's all
were back in the shop an average of 3 times in the 1st year for
everything from shutter not opening, to film advance gears stripping out,
to on board computer problems.  I have heard there are problems with the
F5 also.

With the release of any new product there will be problems, and in any
production run there will be some that exhibit problems after being
shipped to the customer.  The important thing in these circumstances is
how the company deals with the complaints, and since I have had no
problems from my M6, R8, R6 and 6 lenses all bought in the past year I
can't comment on how Leica handles these problems.

>Well, you might want to talk to some Contax owners first. I've heard
> similar horror stories (like five RTSIII cameras going back to the factory
> - one owner by the way - over and over again). Nikon has similar
> complaints, as does Canon. Pentax even! So think a little bit more before
> jumping. >>
>
>I must agree with Eric here.

Harrison McClary
http://people.delphi.com/hmphoto