Subject: Re: [Leica] Camera quality
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Sat, 14 Mar 1998 14:34:05 -0800

At 01:30 PM 3/15/98 -0500, you wrote:
>Jim,
>
>The cars you mention are all used. The cameras and lenses that folks are
>mentioning are new: a slight difference.
>
>Steve

Two of the cars, we bought new. The 94 and 91. The 91 had the head flaw
from the very beginning. The second new head had a different flaw, the
third head seems to be OK.

The 94 had an oil leak from the very beginning. They changed the timing
chain cover (very time consuming). But it was cracked so leaked even more.
The third seems to be OK.

The other three were indeed purchased used.

Jim