Subject: Re: [Leica] More on M6 vs Contax QC
From: Vondauster <Vondauster@aol.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 1998 19:44:51 EST

Hi All,

Tom Shea wrote:

<< << The Contax SLR line also does not yet have matrix metering, like the R8
- -
 or the Canons I now use. >>

<< This has been true until very recently.  They have now introduced the Aria
SLR
 with matrix metering.  It is their bottom line SLR.  (Contax literature says
 that experienced Contax photographers do not want matrix metering). >>

Thanks, Tom, I did not know that! As for their comment that experienced
photographers don't want matrix metering, what nonsense. I have found that in
fast shooting situations, such as athletic events, parades, etc, in changing
light conditions matrix has a much higher "hit" rate when using automatic
exposure modes, especially with wide angle lenses (or zooms). But then again,
maybe they mean photographers with _more_ than 30 years experience...

Ted?  ;-)

Of course, my comments on the quality of the lens mount and stop down
mechanisms stand.

Will von Dauster

(...who still uses his father's 1949 IIc and Elmar as his point and shoot)