Subject: Re: [Leica] 50 Summilux
From: Dennis Painter <dwp@deltanet.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 1998 21:42:48 -0800

Van Barletta wrote:

> Fellow LUGgers,
>
> I am currently using a 50 Elmar collapsible.  It's a great lens, and its
> size lets me pocket the camera and take it places I probably wouldn't
> otherwise.  Only problem is that I often miss the larger apertures, so I'm
> considering buying a second, faster 50, for use indoors.  I've never heard
> a bad word about the Summicron, but it seems a little silly to buy one just
> for one extra stop.  I could sell my car and buy a Nocti, but my real
> question is, what about the Summilux?  In several months of dilligent
> reading of the LUG, I don't think I've ever heard it mentioned.  What does
> the LUG think of this lens?  Does anyone ever use one?  Any comments would
> be greatly apprectiated.
>
> Van
Van

I think you should sell your car and buy the Nocti ;)  Thinking of doing
that myself.

Well, in your case the lux would be 2.5 stops. I have the chron and the
lux would only be 1 more stop.  Think I need 2 ;)

More seriously, the lux has a good reputation, go for it.

Regards Dennis

- --
Experience is a tough teacher. It gives the test before the lesson.
- -unknown